Sunday, September 22, 2013

A depressed man can commit suicide

I felt bitter when I heard this sad news. He was a well established man. Not my client though and that made me feel even bitter. I had had heard about this man about 10 days before the incident from one of my clients. I told him that his acquaintance is exposed to over 90% possibility to commit suicide as I could see the symptoms that he was arranging his life for good. I recommended that he should come for counseling. Unfortunately, this message was not sent to the people around him and to himself. My client was not in a position to make direct contact with him.

One day when I arrived at the office I received a phone call and heard that he had left an unpromising note and immediately I had a bad feeling. I called my client to come with somebody near him that can give him a direct advice. There were no contacts and at last a few days later, the man was found dead in his own place. I was not in a position to ask him directly to come for a counseling session.

It is a tragic and sad incident but it cannot be undone but my client or his advisors around him still will remain with feelings of guilt. They might suffer from trauma that they were not able to help him. I explained over the phone why I thought that the dead man was in danger ten days before he died. The dead man’s collegues confirmed my story.

Men and Women pursue different happiness and The reason why they commit suicide is totally different. To most people, he might not seemed to have any signs of suicide but if you look closely into his circumstances, the probabilities were high.

A men with depression has a very high possibility to commit suicide. As such depression for men is riskier than that of women. In fact, depression is not common among men but when it occurs, it occurs hard and so does the possibility of suicide.

This is why a man’s depression has to be recognized as a high risky case of suicide and has to be dealt immediately. Depression for man has to be treated instantly at a very short period of time. However, there are not many therapies that can cure the depression of men. In general, depression therapies are considered to be for for women as most depression patients are women. It is a surprising reality that a proper depression treatment for men is rarely found and thus treating them is extremely difficult.

My deepest condolence to the deceased.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment